Would you be attracted to you or your business or turned off?
There are thousands of other distributors in your business. They are selling the same product or service as you. Why should someone buy a product from you and not someone else?
In this article I am sharing 3 critical mistakes that you should never make in your MLM business, as well as, what to do instead to improve how others perceive you and your MLM business.
Three Critical Mistakes That Destroy Your Network Marketing Brand
Time is a precious commodity, so make sure you spend your time wisely doing Network Marketing activities that contribute to a thriving business and good reputation.
Let’s take a look at these three critical blunders and make corrections so you get real results. You’ll notice there is some overlap with many of the foundational skills and activities because they apply to multiple activities.
Are you spending all your time chasing people down? Perhaps you meet lots of people but just blab on and on about your business. Chasing down people who have no interest in your product or opportunity is a poor use of time and does nothing for your reputation.
What to do instead: Talking to people is a good thing. But it’s all about building relationships both online and offline. Here are 2 tips to help:
- Use Attraction Marketing Online: Providing value-driven content online can help you be the person that others seek out. When you become the problem solver and expert, you can become the hunted instead of the hunter.
- Use F.O.R.M: The heart of Network Marketing is building relationships with others. FORM stands for Family, Occupation, Recreation and Message. With this method you ask questions in these categories of new people you meet. By learning more about a person, you start building a relationship, find out about a person’s needs and share some key benefits that you’ve helped others with.
Time and time again I see Network Marketers dropping links to products or a business opportunity in social media with no added value.
There is nothing wrong with sharing links it’s all in how you do it. Providing content that is attractive and useful to your target audience will help others be more engaged with you especially if your content is relatable.
Social media is crucial to earning the reputation that you desire.
Here are 4 tips on what to do instead:
- Post meaningful content: If you share a link in social media, add some teaser text that will entice others to click the link. Make sure the link you post is helpful in some way to your target audience.
- Engage people: If people comment on your posts be sure to reply in a timely manner. This is how you can be a more reliable person. Comment on other people’s posts as well and join in the conversation. Be helpful and encouraging to others to be more positive and relatable to others.
- Promote other people: Do you have an MLM customer or someone on your team who had a recent accomplishment? Shout them out in social media and give them the attention they deserve.
- Be consistent: Consistency is a key trait that can make or break how others see you. I have people who contact me about my Network Marketing business simply because my blog is updated on a regular basis, whereas other distributor blogs are a ghost town.
How will you implement some of these tips in your social media networks?
Have you ever heard this saying, “The fortune is in the follow up.”
It’s true. I’m always surprised when Network Marketers go through all the work to get leads for their business but never pick up the phone!
Whether you conduct your MLM business online of offline, you need to have a follow up process that you use every time on a consistent basis.
People need more than one touch-point before they buy a product from you or sign up as a business partner.
Following up helps you to educate your prospect as well as build a strong relationship.
Here are 3 tips that will help:
- Have a well-thought out process at every stage: Each time you pick up the phone to have a conversation with a prospect, you should know where you want to lead them. What is your strategy if this is a first conversation? You want to find out more about the person and then lead them to some educational material to help them understand the business. Each subsequent call should further educate and answer questions.
- Follow up with those that say NO: What happens if a prospect says no? I always ask permission to contact them again in 3 months to see how they are doing. Most of the time, the person agrees. You never know, they may be ready in 3 or 6 months so keep them on your list and mark your calendar.
- Email follow up: You can also follow up with email after talking to a prospect. In doing so, don’t ever leave it to the prospect to contact you again. Always say something like: “ If I don’t hear back from you, I’ll give you a call next Tuesday.” And then, make sure you call next Tuesday.
Today I shared three crucial mistakes that can hurt your MLM brand and some tips on how to fix that. Which of these resonated with you and why?
What tips do you use in your Network Marketing business to cultivate a positive brand? Share in the comments below.
Credits (c): Lisa Jahred
Source: Networker Blog