Commitment is the very first thing that a lot of Network Marketers miss. And no matter what it is that you’re starting to do – a business, a diet, exercise routine – you have to be 100% committed to doing whatever it takes to succeed and reach your goals. A lot of people when starting out think that they can build a business in 3 months. That’s not a commitment. We are not playing lottery. We are in a real business. You have to be willing to commit at least 3 years to a particular Network Marketing company. That’s a decent amount of time to build a stable business.
- Make a commitment to work in your particular Network Marketing company until you become successful, and despite the obstacles that may come in your way. Make a decision today to do whatever it takes to make it happen!
I’ve seen this happen a lot, and in fact, I was talking to a woman, who was trying to build 4 different companies simultaneously. That is not the way to do it. Nobody has succeeded in Network Marketing by building several companies at once. It doesn’t happen. You have to focus. This is absolutely the key.
But what about having multiple streams of income? You should have them, but you should not be building multiple Network Marketing companies at the same time. Your business will suffer, and so will you. You can have other income streams outside of Network Marketing profession, like investing in precious metals, real estate, etc.
- Pick only one Network Marketing company, and put your entire focus on it. As they say – put your blinders on, and get to work!
That’s another big mistake that Network Marketers make. Have you ever seen a 6- or 7-figure earner in Network Marketing that was jumping from one opportunity to another all the time? Neither have I. If you are trying to build a serious organization, then you have to be committed yourself first, so that you team members commit as well. You attract who you are. You have to be aware of that.
- Choose one Network Marketing opportunity, and stop looking for another big thing. Opportunities will come and go. You have to be a person of integrity, and show your team members that you’re here for the long term. People want that security.
We are in business, so problems are a part of the process. Everything can happen. Companies change their compensation plan, or add some other ingredients to their products, or change the product line completely, or the delivery of the product is not on time. Nothing is perfect.
But you absolutely don’t want to get the bad news to your downline. That’s the fastest way to destroy your organization. Tell them all about the problems, and they will go and find another company. I’ve seen this happen. You don’t want all of your efforts be destroyed.
- If there’s any issue or something that you wanna ask, ALWAYS go to your upline. Don’t ever talk about any problems to your team members.
Some Network Marketers think that once you have recruited somebody, your job is done. Not true! This is where your real work begins, this is where the money is made. You are not just trying to make some sales in the Network Marketing, you are building an organization. And you have to teach your team members how to start making money. That’s why they joined you in your business in the first place.
A lot of the times big leaders don’t work with their team mates. And that’s why a lot of people just give up, because they don’t get any support, guidance, and help. Don’t hope for your team members to start doing something, if you don’t teach them, or if you don’t plug them into your system where they can learn the skills and put them into action.
- Stay closely engaged with your new team members. You have to lock arms with them, and actually WORK with them, and making sure they know what they’re doing. And of course, so that they’re not making these Network Marketing mistakes.
Social media is a huge place to attract your perfect team member for your Network Marketing business. The real problem is that Network Marketers don’t know how to use it properly. If you do a little bit of research and check out what people are sharing on their pages (even on Facebook), it’s all about their products and “make money”. They are too desperate trying to make a quick sale in their business, that they forget that network marketing is a relationship business.
I’m not saying you can’t mention your business, just do it in a less spammy way. What you have to do on Social Media is share your story. That’s how people can relate to you, and that’s what attracts people. Not just “make money online” or your awesome products.
When it comes to Social Media, you have to mix up your business and lifestyle. Share people that you are a real person. People are attracted to lifestyle. That’s one of the key reasons why they join Network Marketing business, so that they can earn residual income and spend more time with their family. So share more lifestyle – whenever you travel somewhere, or go out shopping with your kids, or you’re having lunch with your family. It doesn’t have to be anything fancy. It’s simple things.
- Don’t make your social media accounts all about business. Share more of your lifestyle, because that’s what gets people attracted to you. People don’t buy products or join companies, they join people. You have to be someone that people would enjoy working with.
The core reason why a lot of people fail in Network Marketing is because they treat it like a hobby. You may have heard that phrase before – “If you treat it like a business, it will pay you like a business; but if you treat it like a hobby, it will pay you like a hobby”. And it is so true. A lot of the times hobbies don’t pay that well.
Why do people treat their business like a serious business if they start one, but why don’t they treat Network Marketers like one? We are in a real business. So you have to treat it such. And guess what? If people see that you’re not very serious, they won’t join you in your company.
- Treat your Network Marketing opportunity like a million dollar business. Treat it like you have just invested thousands of dollars in it. That’s why people are so serious about franchise when they buy it – they spend a lot of money on it. Get serious about it.
At some point we all feel like giving up or quitting. Who hasn’t felt like that? Doing a business is not easy. There will be tough times. What matters is how you handle them. The ultimate way to fail at something is to quit. And it’s sad to see people leave the Network Marketing industry, because they “felt like giving up”, or they didn’t see results in a 30 day period.
- You have to do whatever it takes to focus on the process, and know that results only come to those who stay long enough in the game.
One of the biggest mistakes made in Network Marketing is trying to find your own way to build a business. That can also be called procrastination. You are just wasting time if you’re still looking for a new way to build your network marketing team. Every company has their system. Don’t try to fix it. It’s already working for other people. You have to be coachable and willing to listen to leaders in your company who have done what you wanna do.
- You have to follow the system your company provides, and stick to it.
The easiest way to achieve success is to learn from the people who have already made those mistakes. Take the above 9 mistakes and the accompanying action steps to heart. Now that you know what to avoid, go out and build your business and live your greatest life.
Credits (c): Jelena Ostrovska
Source: Networker Blog